So, you’ve got a great concept for mobile application development. You should identify your needs before looking for a development partner to carry out this concept. One of these needs is the technological stack; to begin your search, you must know in advance which technologies developers must be knowledgeable in. you can take the help of a mobile app development company in Jaipur for your app development.
It could appear like a mission-impossible effort if you are not tech-savvy. It is not, we can promise you. You can decide whether to develop native, cross-platform, or hybrid apps by reading our guide, which also explains the languages and frameworks to use.
Native mobile app development
Apps that are native to your preferred operating system are created especially for it. The OS vendor’s offered OS-specific technology stack is used to create a native app from scratch. As a result, it is impossible to reuse or share code between the iOS and Android versions of the program.
You can take the help of an android app development company in Jaipur for your app development.
However, there are a lot of benefits to using these apps:
- improved efficiency- When compared to cross-platform or hybrid apps, native programming enables the app to directly access all of the hardware (camera, fingerprint scanner, GPS, microphone, etc.). Additionally, because of the OS-specific languages and APIs, native apps are better optimized (in terms of battery and memory usage), which also improves their performance;
- improved UX- Since native apps adhere to tight OS-specific design rules, users are likelier to adopt them because of their familiar user interface and navigation. Additionally, native apps include better scrolling, the ability to identify OS-specific gestures, and access to platform-specific effects.
Regarding the drawbacks, there are two significant ones:
- a lengthy development- Both of your apps must be created from scratch if you wish to develop them for other platforms, which takes a lot of time.
- higher costs for development- Your development expenditures are significantly influenced by the amount of time put into it. In addition, since you’ll need two development teams for two apps, you’ll require twice as many developers and spend more on project management.
TECHNOLOGY STACK FOR IOS APPS
The main elements of the technological stack for iOS development are listed below.
Swift vs. Objective-C
The decision between Objective-C and Swift is the most crucial if you need to create an iOS app. The initial programming language for iOS apps was Objective-C, but in 2014 Apple launched Swift to address its fundamental drawbacks. Standard iOS apps are written in Objective-C, although iOS apps like Firefox, WordPress, Artsy and Flappy were developed for iOS using Swift.
Let’s go right to the point: Swift is a superior choice over Objective-C. While Objective-C does have certain benefits (such as the fact that it has been around for more than 30 years, is well-tested, and doesn’t call for migration to a new version every few months), its drawbacks are too significant to be ignored. Fortunately, Swift is made to address them:
- improved performance- Swift’s improved memory management makes it run quicker than Objective-C and even C++.
- simpler code. Because of its syntax’s resemblance to readable English, Swift code is simpler to read. Therefore, it takes less time for developers to comprehend code that others have authored.
- simpler to maintain Maintaining the code is simpler because it is cleaner. Furthermore, updating an app in Swift is twice as quick as updating one in Objective-C, which requires developers to save their code in two files.
- increased safety. Swift fixed the majority of Objective-potential C’s bugs and weaknesses, making Swift-written apps more secure.
The only potential downside of Swift is its evolution; the language undergoes significant changes every few months, necessitating a migration of your program to accommodate the latest version of Swift. The introduced alterations, nevertheless, become less and less critical, thus it is unlikely to be a major problem.
Stack of Technology for Android Apps
Let’s look at the technological stack used in native Android development.
Kotlin vs. Java
These two programming languages will be your main options if you’re looking to create an Android app. This issue is comparable to that between Objective-C and Swift: The problems with Java were the inspiration for the creation of Kotlin. Kotlin was used to create, among other things, Pinterest, Evernote, Coursera, and Trello.
The benefits of Kotlin over Java include:
- simpler syntax Kotlin requires less code to implement a feature than Java does, therefore development will proceed more quickly. Additionally, because Kotlin code is easy to comprehend and maintain, it will be easier to do such.
- reduced the possibility of errors and problems. Bugs and errors are automatically discovered in real time because Kotlin is a fail-fast system, which reduces the amount of time and money needed for bug fixes.
- increased safety You obtain a solution that is safer for your future consumers since Kotlin validates the code as it is created and prompts developers to consider potential problems.
In comparison to Kotlin, Java still has one advantage: there is a tonne of Java libraries available that help speeds up development. There are a few minor possible drawbacks of utilizing Kotlin, including compilation times that are occasionally longer than those for Java, a steeper learning curve, and a dearth of developers. But given all the benefits of Kotlin, we advise you to use it for your native Android app.
CROSS-PLATFORM NATIVE APP DEVELOPMENT
A multi-OS app is developed as a cross-platform app. Such an app is created by developers using a single shared code base that is customized for the OSs of your choice. As a result, this strategy has three main benefits:
- more rapid development.
Developers create a single code base that can be launched on all of them rather than multiplying the period of development by two or three if you require an app for several platforms.
- lower costs for development.
Your development costs will be reduced as a result of the quicker development. Additionally, because modifications will be made to the same code, maintaining the program will be simpler.
- expanded audience reach
More people will have access to your app, boosting your potential revenue.
You will need to make certain sacrifices, though, in order to benefit from these advantages:
- Native components for iOS and Android are required.
Not everything can be implemented using a single technology stack; some native modules call for knowledge of Objective-C and Swift as well as Java/Kotlin;
- limited OS and hardware integration.
Unless you construct native modules, it could be challenging to access all the device- or OS-specific hardware or software.
- They are performing poorly.
Since the code contains asynchronous “bridges” between native modules and the cross-platform portion and does not directly contact the OS or hardware, a cross-platform app’s performance may be slower than that of a native one.
- negative user experiences
The program won’t be able to utilize every one of an OS version’s unique motions, graphics, and effects. Applications with rich UX/UI are therefore typically natively implemented.
- Potential problems with integration.
Making cross-platform apps compatible with all OS versions and device types can be challenging.
- fully native user interface.
The native UI elements can be used with React Native and customized to the fullest extent possible.
- exemplary performance
Hot reloading is used to ensure the app is performance-wise, dynamically changing the presented data in response to user actions and changes in the data.
It is a sizable benefit over Xamarin that React Native is free to use for any purpose.
- internal elements
React Native has a number of ready-made tools that speed up and simplify development.
- just for iOS and Android.
No other OS is supported by React Native; Native code is necessary. To carry out the access to the device’s software, developers skilled in Swift/Objective-C and/or Kotlin/Java may still be required.
- Possible security concerns.
How Do You Pick the Best Technology Stack?
Despite the potentially overwhelming amount of information available, we have compiled a list of the four most important variables you should take into account.
- Costs of development.
Obviously, the most important determining factor is money. Cross-platform or hybrid development should be considered if you can’t afford to spend a small fortune on a native app (or several of them for each OS).
But it’s not quite that easy. You should think about if you make too many technological compromises in exchange for a reduced price. For instance, cross-platform or hybrid development might require trading performance and user experience for GPS-based software.
- Market Timing
If you have a ground-breaking idea that your potential competitors are currently working on or may start working on shortly, time restrictions are essential. You must be the first to release the software in order for it to be unique and for you to avoid being accused of being a copycat.
If you need to test your idea, cross-platform native app development will be a wise decision for you because it takes less time and costs less money.
- Availability of APIs or Other Technologies.
Keep in mind that the exact technologies you choose for native, cross-platform, or hybrid app development must function effectively together. For instance, Xamarin and Cordova both perform nicely with Ionic when C# is used. Additionally, consider whether you require interaction with payment gateways or cloud services, choose your preferred providers, and check to see if their products can be linked with your selected tech stack.
It’s not easy picking the technological stack. To get it correct, you must take a variety of things into account. Importantly, there is no guarantee that what works for one project will work for another. So, before making the final choice, be sure to speak with app developers in Jaipur.
If you’re looking for such professionals, we’d be happy to assist you. Reach out to us today, and we’ll determine the optimal solution based on mobile app development company in Jaipur as per your demand.