Most developers prefer the use of various PHP frameworks for creating robust and scalable applications and websites. Since the beginning, Laravel has come a long way in evolution, it is also ranked as the most commonly used programming language. For most developers, PHP is considered the most stable and balanced framework.
As the development of web applications and websites is also becoming complex every day, development is now not an easy ball game anymore. Launched in 1994, now more than 80% of websites have at least one feature of the PHP framework in their coding.
Table of Contents
Why PHP Framework?
There is no doubt that for creating web applications, developers have to build thousands of lines of code, which is an exhausting task. To overcome this, PHP frameworks were introduced that allow the developers to reuse code for creating robust applications.
So if you are a professional PHP developer or a fresher, here are a few reasons why you should choose PHP frameworks for building scalable and robust web applications.
- Files on the server can be modified
- Easy to learn
- Avoids compatibility problems
With good knowledge of PHP, one can develop various digital solutions. In case you want a project developed for you, you can also outsource it to any PHP development company.
Top 5 PHP Frameworks To Use in 2022 :
#1 Laravel – A Highly Used PHP Framework in Web development
The Laravel frameworks were released in 2011 and are considered as the most well-known open-source free PHP system to have ever hit the market. Engineers love using Laravel as it can deal with the most complex tasks easily and with security as compared to other languages.
- Huge range of templates for quick coding.
- Improved Website performance due to caching and speed optimization features.
- Easy to configure advanced security features.
- Better scalability features due to options like a message queue system.
- Third-party application integration is pretty easy and includes a number of options.
This framework is older than Laravel. It was released in 2005 and now is viewed as a developed stage since it has been in life for quite a while, indeed any longer than the frameworks we have referenced. It is a comprehensive structure that works in the MVC system. It is likewise known to be the main system that is fulfilling web standards.
- Symfony has high time-saving features that make development fast.
- It is compatible with a number of databases and other programming elements.
- Programs coded in Symfony are lightweight and flexible to use.
- One underrated advantage of Symfony is its vibrant and extensive community that continuously works for its maintenance and proper working.
- Symfony’s bug-free and absolutely convenient development makes it the choice of several major brands.
Do not forget to read our special feature on the varied: Shopify Vs WordPress- Which One Is Best?
The Slim framework comes in the classification of a micro PHP framework that has negligible features regarding configuration however thought to be generally excellent for small applications.
It tends to be basic, however, there is no denying that it is also dynamic and useful for those applications which don’t require the full features of a full-stack framework. Despite being recognized under a moderate framework, it has some advantageous highlights like cookie encryption, HTTP caching, directing of URL, and much more.
- Slim framework has better documentation and promotes straightforward programming.
- Despite being a micro-framework, it is highly scalable and easy to integrate.
- It is claimed as the fastest micro RESTful framework.
#4 CodeIgniter – Most Popular PHP Framework Currently
For dynamic sites, developers are progressively dependent on CodeIgniter as a solid PHP framework. It has a few fixed components and segments that are reusable and help in building a solid application. The CodeIgniter system is lightweight and has a less difficult PHP structure that is pretty easy to introduce.
- This has the simplest interface of all and offers a flawless coding experience.
- You get exceptional error handling features that make it easy for beginners to code.
- Customizability and security features are beyond comparison.
- Several companies prefer CodeIgniter only for its easy migration.
- Experts also say that CodeIgniter is SEO friendly too.
The Yii framework is easy. It has recorded and set up its imprint as a high-performing framework and is considered appropriate for advanced web applications. It acts like a universal framework that is not difficult to introduce and has trustworthy security highlights making it appropriate for intense e-commerce business entries, content management framework, and much more.
- Yii framework automates most coding work that occurs repetitively in ordinary coding programs.
- Security options in Yii are also extensive with options like CSRF, CHtmlPurifier, etc.
- Multiple types of caching is available in Yii like cMemCache, cDummyCache, cFileCache and more.
- It is easy to configure and community support is also available.
If you are just starting to learn PHP, you can start with CodeIgniter which is easy for beginners and also convenient in many ways. However, other frameworks have advantages of their own, and you can decide to choose any according to the project’s demand.